If you want to lose weight, swimming is one of the very best way to do so. The water acts as resistance to help firm and tone your muscles. Swimming will challenge your body without acerbate arthritis, or other existing conditions.
- Swimming is one of the most effective exercises you can do
- Swimming burns calories and helps you lose weight.
- Swimming about 40 minutes for 5-6 days a week will help you burn calories and lose weight.
- Swimming works all the major muscles
- Swimming is a gentle kind of exercise that won’t jolt your joints or break your bones.
You can customize your swimming sessions to exercise different areas of your body.
Some good aerobic water workouts:
To firm up shoulders, arms and abs
Sit back into the water at the shallow end of pool and tread with hands out to sides, and lift both legs together. Hold position for one minute. Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
To tone abs, hips and legs
Stand with feet apart, with a dumbbell in each hand. In deep end, hold on to the edge of the pool. Jump feet off wall and extend legs as you engage abs to bring body as parallel to surface as possible in a side-plank position. Return to tuck and continue for 60 seconds. Switch sides and repeat.
To tone back, arms, abs, butt, and legs
With your back to edge of pool, hold kick board with both hands so that it’s vertical and half of it is below surface of water. Push off wall with feet, and kick as hard as you can toward other side of the pool. Continue for 1 minute.
To firm up triceps and abs
Begin with your back facing side wall of pool and place palms on edge behind you. Bend left knee to place left foot flat against wall and raise your right leg. To lift yourself from the water, straighten your arms out. Do 10 repeats on each leg.
- Try to take time twice a week to have a swim session.
- Swim a few lengths of the pool and increase the distance every week.
- Warm up and stretch before you swim off to keep your muscles long and flexible..
- Alter your strokes to exert various muscles and to keep yourself alert. Take a minute every few lengths to get your breath back. Decrease the duration of this break each session until you can cut them out completely.
Remember, different types of exercise have various impacts on weight control and reduction. If you can’t see your toes, think about swimming as an exercise to help you lose weight.