You have probably seen all the advertisements for Nutrisystem on television where various celebrities tell you how effective the diet plan truly is for them and others. When you visit the website you can also see all of the great Nutrisystem reviews. This plan allows you to build your own plan based on your specific weight loss needs. So whether you need to lose 20 pounds or more, there is a way to tailor it just for you.
The Nutrisystem plan is a combination of prepackaged meals, protein shakes, and an encouragement to exercise as well. You will burn more calories by doing cardio movements, such as walking, biking, and running.
The Nutrisystem plan advises you to supplement their prepackaged foods with fresh fruits and vegetables. You can have five to six small meals and snacks per day, which ensures you aren’t starving yourself, even if the calorie range you need to stay in is low, which may be between 1200-1500 calories per day. With the foods they provide it’s easy to stay in that range.
If you start to go off the plan by eating your meals out too much or cheating with an occasional supreme pizza, you are probably not going to see the results you are looking for. By following the plan exactly, you will lose weight. It’s just that simple. Sticking to it is the challenge.
The Nutrisystem plan helps by also providing some sweeter options that are low-fat and low-calorie to take care of your sweet tooth in the process.
The Plans That Nutrisystem Offers
Are the Plans Expensive?
The plans are not too expensive; there are different plans at different price levels. If you want to spend only $10 per day they have a plan for you. You can also buy the most expensive plan at $12. With this plan you won’t have to supplement as much. The Nutrisystem cost is comparable to what you would normally spend on meals for one person at your regular grocery store.
- Basic Plan. The low-priced plan is called the “basic plan.” Currently priced at just $9.82 per day, this is a great plan for those looking to really jump start their weight loss in an easy way with pre-selected, ready-to-go foods.
- An option is also available at this level for individuals with diabetes.
- Core Plan. The second plan is the “core plan.” Currently priced at $10.54 per day, this is a great plan for those looking for a bit of flexibility with their weight loss regimen. You can choose from a variety of foods, or try Nutrisystem’s “Favorites Pack.”
- An option is also available at this level for individuals with diabetes.
- Uniquely Yours Plan. You have the most options in this higher-end plan. Currently priced at $11.96 per day, this plan is perfect for those wanting more control and a variety of options in their diet. You can choose from over 150 foods, including delicious frozen options.
- Specific plans, such as vegetarian and gluten-free options, are also available at this level, along with the option for diabetic individuals, which is available at all levels.
- Just reading the Nutrisystem reviews will allow you to see just how simple this plan is and also how great it works, especially for those with a busy, active lifestyle.
The Way Nutrisystem Works for You
This plan can work for you if you follow it specifically by keeping within the calorie requirement of 1200-1500 per day which is going to make anyone lose weight if they follow that kind of diet, even with regular food. Some people just do better when an entire diet is laid out for them to follow. Plus, they do offer some counseling and help via applications you can download on your smartphone, laptop, or tablet. Another perk of the plan is that Nutrisystem will deliver the food to you each week with no shipping cost to you. Obviously, they probably just factor it into the price, but it makes people feel better that it ships for free.
Some Sample Menu Items
There are over 150 menu items to choose from when you pick your plan. There is a lot of variety there, so you won’t get bored eating the same foods over and over again.
You can customize the plan by selecting each individual meal or snack, or they have sample “favorite” menus. This way you don’t have to make the choices yourself if you would rather handle it in that manner.
- Grab and Go. They offer “grab and go” snacks to keep you healthy even when you’re on the run. These options include granola bars, mixed nuts, dried fruit, pretzels, and more to take with you when you don’t have time to sit down to eat a real meal. The frozen foods are easy to transport to work. You can bring them along for your lunch break to eat as long as you have an office that offers a microwave in the lunchroom.
- Breakfast. Some of the breakfast items in the Nutrisystem plan include apple cinnamon oatmeal, turkey sausage and egg muffins, buttermilk waffles, banana nut muffins, and homestyle pancakes. They even have chocolate frosted donuts and cinnamon rolls as breakfast options.
- Lunch. Lunch selections that are part of the plan include arroz con pollo, a grilled chicken sandwich, a southwest fiesta melt, tuna salad, white bean chicken chili, spicy kung pao noodles, and even a hamburger. As you can see, the types of foods that you are eating on this plan are likely some of the foods that you are used to eating already. This is to help satisfy cravings you might have for certain foods.
- Dinner. Dinner is just as great with options such as roasted turkey, vegetable stuffed chicken breast, a meatloaf sandwich, BBQ chicken, lasagna, or even pizza. They also have a dessert and snack category, and protein shakes for you to enjoy between meals. Don’t forget to order the chocolate brownie, tiramisu, or red velvet whoopie pie. These are all really tasty dessert choices.
You won’t be hungry with this plan since it does provide quite a bit of food. Sometimes the portions won’t seem very big, but if you add a small fresh salad or some fruit you should be satisfied with how much you are eating. When you read some of the Nutrisystem reviews you will gain a clearer understanding of this and more information about just how satisfying the meals really are.
Nutrisystem Reviews By People Who Have Succeeded
Some of the celebrities who have been on Nutrisystem are Marie Osmond who lost 50 pounds, Dan Marino, and Melissa Joan Hart who used the plan after she had her second child to lose the baby weight she had gained. The website shows a lot of non-celebrities as well who have lost decent amounts of weight on this plan. Ideally, you are supposed to lose weight gradually so that you keep it off. The ideal amount of weight to lose is one to two pounds per week, with the exception of the first week in which most people lose approximately five pounds. Keeping it off is a discipline once you have lost the weight and are on a maintenance plan. You can still follow the program to supplement your meals after this. The plan basically teaches about portion control, healthy choices and not starving your body on a daily basis. This is not a good idea for your metabolism in general. Also, if you exercise for at least 30 minutes, three to five times per week you are naturally going to see results faster than just following the meal plan laid out for you. It is your choice though, and if you are committed to a healthy lifestyle then Nutrisystem can work for you very well. It’s meant to allow you to not think so much about dieting, and instead, just concentrate on a healthier lifestyle. This is to ensure that the excess weight you have gained comes off in a slow and healthy manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Eat Out at a Restaurant?
One of the most frequently asked questions for the Nutrisystem program is about eating out at a restaurant. The answer to that is kind of complicated. Yes, you can eat out as long as you make a very healthy choice that is also a reasonable portion size. The problem with restaurants is that usually the portions are huge, and the chef in the back is probably cooking with excess amounts of oil or butter to make it taste as decadent as possible. You will want to ask for the items you order to be steamed, boiled, or prepared without any additional oil or butter. Then, cut the portion in half to take half of it home for a later meal. You may also want to share a meal with your spouse or a friend if you are out for lunch or dinner.
What If You Blow It? Do You Have to Start Over?
Don’t feel too bad if you blow it completely once or twice during the first month. As long as you stick to the basic plan, you’ll be fine. Losing weight can be difficult for most people. The “eat less, do more” school of thought does ring true with weight loss, though. Eating less of the foods that are not quite as good for you, and motivating yourself to exercise on a daily basis is harder than most people want to admit. They tend to slack off on good eating habits and don’t make the effort to exercise.
Nutrisystem Reviews – Pros and Cons
- Everything ships free
- Low-fat, low-calorie tasty meals
- Online support if you need it
- Balance of protein and carbs
- “Grab and Go” snacks will keep you on track away from home
- It can be expensive for the higher plans
- If you have a family you might be tempted to eat their food
- Portions are fairly small
- Keeping in the calorie range is hard unless you exclusively eat from the plan
Where to Buy Nutrisystem
You can learn more or purchase the program by visiting the NutriSystem official website and registering for an account. Nutrisystem offers the Basic, Core, and Uniquely Yours Plans, as well as the Vegetarian & Diabetic Plans. All plans include a variety of tools to get you started and to help you achieve the results you are looking for. Also, all plans include free Fedex shipping and free shakes (limited time offer). To find out more please take a few minutes to read the Nutrisystem reviews.
Deal/Coupon: Get $50 off your first order at Nutrisystem.com!
Final Thoughts On Our Nutrisystem Review
Nutrisystem has been around for a long time, and there’s a reason for that: the program has worked for millions of people over the years. Their commercials are very appealing and make you want to try their plan because you hear the testimonies from real people who have lost weight with Nutrisystem.
However, if you enjoy cooking for yourself then you might find pre-planned meals lacking the kind of taste and flair that you are used to. Ever had a Lean Cuisine frozen meal? The Nutrisystem meals taste a little bit like those but are healthier – with less sodium and even less fat. It’s easy to boost the flavor if you need to by adding some hot sauce, fresh lemon, or other non-sodium salt zests. You can also add interesting fruits and vegetables to each meal to make sure you’re satisfied and satiated during this diet plan.
It also helps to have a buddy following the plan with you for moral support. Enlist your spouse or a friend to keep you accountable. If you have a large family, and are making meals for them everyday, you might have a harder time sticking to the plan than if you live alone or it’s just you and your spouse in the household. Making all those real meals for your family may tempt you to stray off the diet plan when you see the tastier food you make for your family. But having a buddy along for the ride can help you stay on track during the most tempting moments.
In the end, sticking to it and following the plan as perfectly as possible will obviously yield the best results. The variety of menus and foods available, the customizable options within the plans, and the variety of price points all work to your advantage and are there to help you succeed. So, buy Nutrisystem today by visiting the NutriSystem official website. Your body will thank you!