If you want to lose weight and you don’t know where to turn, look at Medifast. Medifast has been helping people lose weight for decades; as a matter of fact, more than 20,000 doctors have recommended Medifast to their patients since 1980.
Thousands of clients and patients have used a Medifast plan and not only do they lose weight, but they also learn proper nutrition and lifelong habits so they can safely and appropriately manage their weight and ensure better health for the rest of their life.
If you would like to know if Medifast is the diet for you, read our in-depth review for more details.
Medifast offers three different plans to help you lose weight, and to help you regain control over your health.
Medifast Achieve Plan:
The Medifast Achieve plan is designed for fast and safe weight loss while allowing people following the plan to retain their muscle mass. One of the popular parts about the Achieve plan is that it is simple, it has variety, and it has flexibility.
With the Achieve plan, a person can eat the following every day:
- Four Medifast meals,
- Two “lean and green” meals,
- And one healthy snack.
So what does that look like in the real world?
- Breakfast—Medifast oatmeal
- Mid-morning—Medifast hot drink
- 7 ounces of grilled shrimp
- 2 cups of salad greens with ½ cup of broccoli and shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of low-carb dressing
- Mid-afternoon—Medifast fruit drink
- 6 ounce grilled chicken breast,
- 2 cups baby spinach and ½ cup mushrooms and tomatoes
- Medifast pudding made with 8 ounces of skim milk.
A 30-day kit for the Medifast Achieve plan two week trial kit costs $149, a 30 day select kit costs $299, or a 30 day complete kit costs $399. Not bad since you were going to eat anyway, and with this plan you can lose weight, and know you’re doing something for you.
Medifast Thrive Healthy Living Kit
Thrive by Medifast provides you with an opportunity to fuel your body so you can maintain your weight while providing the proper nutrition to your body. Thrive is portable, convenient, and delicious, much like Medifast meals.
Thrive Healthy Living Plan allows you to eat three of your six daily meals in a more controlled manner. You can use these interchangeable meals:
2 Lean &Green Plus Meals—These are traditional lean and green meals and are based on five to seven ounces of lean protein, 0-2 servings of healthy fats, and three servings of non-starchy vegetables.
There is also a balanced meal that is made up of Options. The Options you have to pick from are based on the number of calories you need to eat. Options for this meal can be chosen from whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean protein, low-fat dairy and healthy fats. These are the foods you will need to maintain the weight you wish to remain at.
If you purchase all of the products on the Medifast Thrive Healthy living plan, it could cost as much as $305 for a month or you can pick and choose the items you purchase and eat, and they range from $18.95 for a box, to $29.70 for a box.
The final plan is the Weight Loss for Special Nutrition
These plans may include diets for:
- Diabetes – Medifast can help balance calories and carbs so you can lose weight and be healthy.
- Gluten Allergy –These meals receive the Gluten Free Certification Organization so you can count on these meals being gluten free.
- Vegetarian –These fortified meals for vegetarians helps ensure you are getting the nutrients you need to keep your energy while you lose weight.
- Nursing Moms – These ladies need to supply nutrition for their own bodies and for their baby while they lose weight.
- Seniors – Seniors also need to watch their overall nutrition, and our plans take those needs into account.
- Teens—Learning a healthy lifestyle is one of the best things we can help teens learn. We do that with our meals we create for young adults.
- Gout, or—Our plan for those with a history of gout help prevent flare ups.
- Coumadin—We help watch the vitamin K content in our meals to help with your health.
Prices vary for these plans, but they are specially formulated with your health in mind. Find out why Medifast has been so popular for so long. Go to the official Medifast website to compare and view all plans w/ prices.