Shaun (Thompson) T is a former track and field star who has a degree in sports science.
Beachbody is a company that has put together a variety of workout videos, fitness gear, and supplements.
Together, Shaun T and Beachbody have earned a reputation for producing a vast array of products and videos to get people in shape.
Focus T25 is one of their premier products. So how does the Focus T25 stack up?
Shaun T, also the creator of Insanity, has put together an hour’s worth of exercises in 25 minutes. This particular program is aimed at individuals who don’t have the time to put an hour or more each day into a workout routine.
The product claims to put together a short, intense workout that will produce incredible results in just 25 minutes a day. The program keys in on focused interval training to get results. The workout routines work every muscle group in the body, and then works them again.
The following information will go through, step by step, who the T25 is specifically designed for, what exactly is included when a consumer opens the box, how the routines work, what kind of results can be expected, the financial investment needed, and how to order the program. In short, we’ll get right down to a detailed Focus T25 workout review.
Who is T25 For?
This product is aimed at individuals who don’t have a lot of time to invest in an exercise routine. It’s also for people who may find it difficult to make it to the gym on a regular basis or any other type recreation that’s away from home.
The program can be completed in the comfort of your own home and in 25 minutes. There are also modified versions for those who may be extremely overweight or may not have worked out for many years. With the modifications the product claims that anyone at any fitness level or age can use T25. To summarize it, the program is geared toward the following people.
- Busy people who don’t have time to put in more than 25 minutes each day.
- People who want to do all their workouts in the comfort of their own home.
- People who are new to fitness or haven’t worked out in a long time.
- People who have only a few pounds to lose as well as people who want to drop 50 or more.
Focus T25 Review: What’s Included in the Focus T25 Workout Program?
When ordering the Focus T25 the base kit comes with the following.
- 1. All the workouts on 11 DVD’s. Each workout is 25 minutes.
- 2. Quick Start Guide
- 3. Workout Calendars
- 4. Nutrition Guide
- 5. B-LINES Resistance Band
- 6. 5 Day Fast-track Guide
- 7. Online Support
1. 11 Workouts
The program is divided into two cycles or phases. These include the Alpha Cycle and the Beta Cycle. The first five weeks is spent on the Alpha Cycle with the second five weeks moving onto the Beta. There are specific types of exercises in each of these cycles.
The Alpha Cycle builds the foundation.
- Cardio – Spend 25 minutes in a calorie burning cardio workout. It starts out slow and builds up.
- Speed 1.0 – This is fast-paced movement to quickly burn fat.
- Total Body Circuit – This focuses on strength and resistance without using weights.
- Ab Intervals – With ab and cardio intervals, the focus is on your midsection.
- Lower Focus – This is where lower body muscles are given the most attention.
The Beta Cycle pushes you harder, focusing more on speed and core strength. This is started the second month after completing the Alpha Cycle.
- Core Cardio – This is a progressive cardio workout.
- Speed 2.0 – These are speed drills focusing on burning calories. It’s very fast.
- Rip’t Circuit – This is a routine of cardio, upper body, legs, abs,…then repeat. You use the strength band here. Or you can use dumbbells.
- Dynamic Core – These exercises take you from vertical to horizontal and back again.
- Upper Focus – This part focuses on the upper body. You’ll use the band or dumbbells again for this.
Even though the 25 minutes goes non-stop without any breaks, there are some exercises throughout the routine that are designed to lower the heart rate.
It should be noted that on Fridays the program recommends doing back to back workouts. How much difference doing these — or not doing these — will have on the ultimate outcome will likely vary from person to person.
Finally, included in the workout DVDs is a stretch workout. This is simply for stretching the muscles. This is normally completed on day 6 or 7 since the regular workouts are for 5 days a week.
2. Quick Start Guide
The quick start guide is designed to give you an overall description of how to jump right into the program. There’s advice on how to make the most of the program. Read this right at the beginning and get all the info you need.
3. Workout Calendars
This includes the Alpha-Beta wall calendar that shows you exactly which workout to do each day. The calendar has two boxes that are under each workout. One says “nailed it” while the other box says “barely made it”. Honestly checking the correct box after each workout is part of the program.
Also included in the calendar is a column for weekly stats. This is where you record your measurements and weight. The Alpha calendar is on one side while the Beta is on the other.
4. Nutrition Guide
Nutrition is an important aspect of the program. In the infomercials this aspect probably isn’t emphasized as much as it should be since it is a crucial aspect of overall success. The nutrition plan is considered fairly easily and can be summarized in a few quick points.
- Eat 5 small meals each day. It’s recommended to eat a small breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks as well.
- There is a calorie quiz to take to figure out if you should be consuming 1200 or 1600 calories each day.
- Each of the recipes have only 5 or 6 ingredients and take just 5 minutes to prep.
- About 40 percent of meals are carbs, about 40 percent is protein, and the rest is fat.
- The guide lists 25 foods that are healthy and that you should keep at home all the time.
5. B-LINES Resistance Bands
This is a 15 pound resistance band that will be used for the weight training. You do have the option of using dumbbells if you prefer using something different or for added resistance.
6. 5 Day Fast-track Guide
This lays out what you’re to specifically do for the first 5 days of the program. It’s sort of like a “jump start” to get you motivated right from the beginning. There are 5 days of foods to eat during this time. It limits the first 5 days to 1,100 calories so those who are impatient should see some results in less than a week.
7. Online Support
This online support system is available 24/7. There’s also an online forum where you can log in and keep in touch with other people who are also going through the program. The program provides Beachbody trainers and coaches that you can communicate with regarding any questions you have. Even Shaun T has been known to get online and chat from time to time.
Finally, if you successfully complete the program and send the company a “before” and “after” picture of yourself, you’ll receive a free “Nailed It” T-shirt.
Focus T25 Available Kits
How Easy is the Program to Use?
Time to be brutally honest – the workouts are challenging. Of course, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. While the overall program is easy to follow and understand, many people will likely be challenged with the intensity of the workouts, at least in the beginning. It does take a certain amount of motivation to stick with the intense workouts.
But most people, especially with the modifications, are capable of doing it if they make the effort.
There are a lot of good reviews out there about Shaun T. He’s known to be positive, have a great personality, and an overall fantastic motivator. The guy’s personal style may not seem like it’s that important, but when you need motivation to stick with a program the likability of the individual leading you through can make a difference in how easy it is to stick with the routines.
What is the Financial Investment?
The Focus T25 is currently advertised for 3 monthly payments of $39.95 plus shipping and handling. This is found on the Beachbody T25 website.
If purchased all at once it will cost $119.85. Amazon.com currently advertises the program for $139.80 but shipping is free. So the cost is basically the same no matter where you buy it.
The program does come with a 30-day money back guarantee. If sent back within 30 days you’ll get your money back, minus the shipping and handling costs.
The Gamma Cycle is actually the third component to the program. It doesn’t, however, come in the original package. It must be purchased separately.
Focus T25 Reviews & Results
Does cramming intense combinations of exercises and cardio moves into 25 minutes really work? There have been some studies that support the idea that short intense workouts are actually more productive than longer ones.
Results From the Official Focus T25 Webpage
Beachbody’s Official T25 website features several individuals of various ages and starting fitness levels with before and after pictures. The following are a few of the posted results.
- Alyiah, age 44, is a female who lost 38 pounds.
- Evan, age 30, is a male who lost 55 pounds.
- Amanda, age 26, is a female who lost 29 pounds.
- Jose, age 33, is a male who lost 100 pounds.
- Daisy, age 36, is a female who lost 25 pounds.
Results From Consumers
There are articles and videos all over the Internet written by individuals that have tried the Focus T25. In general, this program will work for most people if they follow it and stick with it in its entirety.
The results are believable because you don’t just see before and after photos, and then wonder if they’ve been photoshopped or not.
With Focus T25 you not only see the before and after, you hear the testimonials from real people. An overall T25 review would conclude that this is a successful program for most people.
What are the Pros and Cons?
- It truly can be modified for people at different fitness levels since you’re not doing reps but as many of certain exercises as you can do in 30 or 60 second time frames.
- If a person actually sticks with the exercise and nutrition program it’s likely that almost anyone will lose at least some weight and tone up.
- It’s a great combination of cardio and muscle-building exercises.
- It’s only 25 minutes! There are a lot of exercises packed into this amount of time.
- One of the major drawbacks of this exercise program is that it does involve a lot of jumping. If you’re generally in good health and don’t have any back or knee injuries this is probably okay. There are, however, modifications in routines to accommodate those with knee, back, or other joint issues.
- There is a limited warm up and cool down before and after the main workouts. Since it’s only 25 minutes this isn’t a surprise. Some people, however, may feel the need to include a few more minutes before and after to properly warm up and cool down the muscles.
- Some users have complained that it can be repetitive, even a bit boring. But since it’s only 25 minutes the time passes quickly.
How Do You Buy Focus T25?
Now that you’ve seen the complete T25 review, there are a few ways to purchase this program.
- Beachbody – The makers of Focus T25 is Beachbody, and the product can be purchased on the Official Beachbody Focus T25 web page. It’s available for three payments of $39.95 or one payment of $119.85.
- Amazon.com – The program is in stock on Amazon and sells for $139.80. The shipping for this product is free.
The Gamma Cycle can also be purchased on Amazon for $66.80. The shipping on Amazon is also included for this item as well.